Job ID 14283
Plan, schedule and coordinate the activities of each production run at Hill View Packing. Duties and responsibilities include understanding the products and processes at Hill View Packing. Keeping accurate inventory of raw materials and finished goods to ensure that floor stock is available for shipping to the customers by their requested dates. Scheduling personnel to cover production lines and perform other activities to the plant. Orders raw materials and packaging to ensure customer orders will be met on time. The Production and Personnel Scheduler / Inventory Coordinator backs up the Accounts Payable and the Office Manager / HR positions for days off, vacations and illness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Plan / Schedule activities directly related to making products or providing services.
- Coordinate activities or departments concerned with the production and distribution of products.
- Compile activity reports and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas that need program improvement.
- Prepare work schedules and assigning specific duties for production personnel.
- Implement department policies, goals objectives, procedures, conferring with organization officials and staff members as necessary.
- Determine goods and services to be made available based on forecasts of customer demand.
- Order raw materials and packaging to fulfill orders.
- Ensure materials are from approved suppliers and that current information is on hand for suppliers.
- Ensure that materials purchased meet specification requirements.
- Complete necessary documents to be included with customers’ orders.
- Work with plant leadership to support department goals and deadlines.
- Maintain and review records of items purchased, costs, deliveries, and product performance.
- Evaluate and monitor materials contracts to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine needs for changes.
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selections, service support availability, reliability, and product releases, production and distribution capabilities and suppliers’ reputation and history.
- Perform a wide variety of responsible and confidential clerical, technical, administrative and office duties.
- Schedules, attends, takes and translates a variety of internal meetings with department managers.
- Work under steady pressure with frequent interruptions and a high degree of public contact by phone or in person.
- Safety committee member
- Screen and direct telephone calls
- Take and relay messages
- Employee may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth above to address business needs and changing business practice.
Perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- People Skills – give work direction and feedback in a constructive manner; resolve issues/ problems in a timely manner, elevate employee conflicts to Manager; recognizes and gives feedback when employee demonstrates good performance; works to improve own skills.
- Oral Communication- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens to others ideas / issues and questions to clarify understanding; responds well to questions; gives work direction in English.
- Teamwork- Contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts the success of the team above his/her own interests; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; maintains an positive attitude; generates ideas and suggestions that improve the team’s performance, the efficiency of the process or the quality of the products.
- Ethics – Treats people from own and other cultures with respect; works with honesty and integrity; upholds organizational values.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; is consistently at work and on time.
- Flexibility and Adaptability – Must be able to deal with sudden changes in scheduling; filling in on other positions to help out when needed.
- Language skills – Should be able to read and write the necessary documents and procedures in English; should be able to communicate clearly in English any work direction, instructions or feedback; ability to speak Spanish an added plus; be able to present information clearly to employees, groups and customers.
- Decision-making – Able to handle problems and think through the solutions; knows when to act independently and when to involve the Supervisor; gathers and analyze data
- Mathematical skills – able to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measurement, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Computer skills – be able to use Microsoft Office, Email and simple database applications
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferable; 3 to 5 years related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office, E-mail, and simple database applications
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Proficient in performance of all Line positions (Line Worker and Machine Operator) task;
- Ability to read and understand English required
- Willingness to work weekends and overtime when required
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. These includes:
- Constant Walking, Standing on hard concrete surface
- Frequent Bending, Stooping, Squatting, Pushing, Pulling
- Occasional Lifting and Ladder climbing
- Periodic lifting of up to 50 lbs
Other jobs you may like
Nursery Grower Supervisor – Corralitos, CA Featured
- @ Driscoll’s
- Corralitos, California