Job ID 23366
Position Title: Learning and Development Specialist
Employment Status: Fulltime/ Non-Exempt
Position Reports To: Payroll Manager & Sr. HR Generalist
Hourly Rate: $25.88 – $32.35
Under guidance of the HR Leadership team, the Learning & Development Specialist plans, develops, implements, and evaluates a variety of trainings and organizational development programs. They will support employee development, measures employee performance to gauge success of programs, and identifies areas for improvement. This role works as a liaison throughout the organization assessing team members learning needs by providing consultative assessments to develop new training programs.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Conducts new position training and professional development training to enhance both technical and leadership skills in a variety of media forms.
- Creates and/or acquires training procedure manuals, guides, and course materials.
- In collaboration with HR Leadership, plans, designs, trains, and evaluates organizational training and development programs.
- Conducts needs assessments to help with designing development programs to improve leaders and teams with the purpose of increasing performance, improvement of practices, training programs, and strengthening our talent bench.
- Identify and assess future and current training needs through job analysis, career paths, annual performance appraisals and consultation with line managers.
- Develops individualized training and development plan that addresses needs and expectations.
- Monitor and evaluate training program’s effectiveness, success, and reports on them.
- Manage training platforms, which includes updating trainings to stay in compliance, and working with users for completion of trainings.
- Provide opportunities for ongoing development.
- Support IT department with any trainings needed company wide.
- Maintain a keen understanding of training trends, developments, and best practices.
- Tracks training metrics for internal use and for California Employment Training Panel grants
- Other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in organizational development, Instructional Design, Education, or related field. 3 years’ additional experience can be in lieu of education.
- 3 years’ experience in Education, Training or Learning and Development.
- Knowledge of instructional methodologies and learning styles in virtual and in-person settings
- Advanced skill in developing and conducting trainings to achieve specific desired outcomes.
- Excellent organizational, and communication skills.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (SharePoint, Windows, PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook, various presentation tools (web conferencing, etc.), online learning platforms and assessment tools.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive and personal information of employees.
- Ability to cultivate trusting, professional, and respectful relationships with all employees.
- Ability to lead and oversee training and development projects.
- Ability to identify problems and break down complex concepts and processes into component parts to be trained.
- Ability to take information from multiple sources and create ongoing performance-based training solutions.
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality and accuracy.
- Ability to travel to other locations.
- Working knowledge of Famous financial software
- Biliterate English / Spanish
Job requires ability to sit for long periods of time to perform duties. Also required is the ability to walk around and make inquiries from other staff, management, etc. Must be able to bend or stoop down to access file cabinets including lifting of items or objects up to 10 pounds.
Other jobs you may like
Business Development Manager – Miami, FL
- @ Green Explosion Inc.
- Miami, Florida, 6950 NW. 25th St. , 33122