Job ID 23257
The Harvest Manager will be responsible for managing the activities of all the harvest programs, ensuring efficient and timely execution of harvest operations, and maintaining high-quality standards throughout the process. The ideal candidate should have a strong background in agriculture, exceptional communication, organizational, leadership skills, and a passion for optimizing production processes.
- Communicate with the Growing Team on a daily/weekly/monthly basis to ensure optimal quality harvest for sales, coordinate harvest presentations, proactively addressing any potential lapses in supply quality.
- Manage and track a rolling three-week harvest forecast, working with the Production Team to establish daily harvest presentations that balance growing demands and sales demands.
- Provide real-time, accurate quality and availability updates to the Sales Team, ensuring they are well-informed to meet customer needs.
- Monitor and manage the aging of all products in various cooler locations, ensuring accurate real-time information for the Sales Team to assign specific products to customer orders based on quality and shelf life.
- Manage and track logistics on a daily basis for all Mexico truck crossings, including coordinating routing to the appropriate cooler locations.
- Maintain steady production with outside growers, ensuring adherence to harvest requirements, verifying agreement costs per pack out, and proactively communicating any potential lapses in supply flow or quality.
- Run weekly Green Onion presentation sales reports, allowing for the preparation of a comprehensive weekly forecast of presentations to all Growers.
- Travel as required to grower sites in order to establish strong relationships with growers and coordinators.
- Perform other related duties not specified above as well as other duties enumerated.
- Strong communication skills: phone, email, in-person.
- Bilingual (English & Spanish) with emphasis on accurate translation.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Analytical thinking to planning/preparing production based upon ever changing weather-related events.
- Must be able to effectively manage responsibilities under emergency pressures.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in Harvest Management.
- Required to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility.
- Work performed in a combination of office, field and when needed warehouse environment.
- Exposed to warehouse elements: such as noise, cold, and moving equipment.
Salary: $70k – $100k