Job ID 28402
Location: 8570 South Cedar Ave Fresno, CA, 93725, United States
Base Pay: $65,000.00 – $75,000.00 / Year
Employee Type: FT NON-EXEMPT
Required Degree: 4 Year Degree
Minimum Experience: 3 Years
Located in Fresno, California, Fowler Packing Company is the parent company to some of the industry’s most popular brands including Peelz Citrus, Samsons Grapes, G3 Development Company, and EMID Design Group. Fowler Packing was formed in 1950 as a small tree fruit operation and has grown into a trendsetter in quality, efficiency and sustainability. Today the company is built of over 700 full-time employees and frontrunners in agriculture, real estate, and interior design industries. If you are looking for an in-house position that offers a variety of work, this is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
The Grower Accountant will have a pivotal role in ensuring the health of financial operations for growers. Work closely with our growers, farm managers, production, and finance team to oversee financial transactions, track expenses, and support the decision-making process related to farming and production operations.
- Work closely with grower relations team to understand grower and farm managed customer financial needs and provide guidance on financial matters
- Analyze daily production of grower fruit through the facility
- Analyze and account for variances which affect the shed and growers
- Serve as back-up for Accounts Payable
- General ledger account reconciliation
- Responsible for reporting daily volume movement and cost analysis of harvest operations
- Analyze grower revenue and costs through a production season
- Assist with Cooperative advances and settlements
- Receive and code high level AP receivables, prepare advances and settlements for review by management
- Assist in tracking and collecting necessary information for crop insurance, including production metrics, and supporting documents
- Manage, track, and maintain accurate financial records including income, expenses, and budgets for farming and production operations
- Monitor and report on the financial performance of each grower’s operation.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports, budgets, and forecasts
- Ensure compliance with relevant accounting practices and financial standards.
- Provide support in financial planning for future seasons
- Identify opportunities for cost reduction and efficiency improvements in growing/harvesting/production accounting operations
- Daily and weekly verification of production postings to ensure inventory is reported accurately
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- Proven experience in accounting, financial analysis, or a similar role in agriculture
- Knowledge of agricultural practices and an understanding of the unique financial challenges in the industry
- Proficiency in ERP software and Microsoft Office applications
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Problem-solving and analytical abilities
Life at Fowler:
For 70 years, Fowler Packing has provided thousands of employees the opportunities to build a rewarding career that includes continued education, robust corporate culture, competitive compensation, benefits packages, and paid sick and holidays. Additionally, all employees enjoy complimentary meals at one of our two on-site cafeterias, and on-site health clinic visits at no cost.
Fowler Packing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.