Job ID 17179
The Fleet Maintenance Manager will oversee the facility and be responsible for maintenance and repair of the company’s fleet of vehicles, trucks, and heavy equipment.
- Oversees the daily workflow and schedules of shop employees.
- Plans and coordinates tasks and activities of company’s fleet auto repair shop, working on gas- and diesel-powered vehicles, trucks, and heavy equipment.
- Prepares maintenance schedules for motor vehicles and heavy equipment; notifies drivers and operators when maintenance is to be performed.
- Plans and coordinates with Dispatch and other departments the scheduling of vehicle and equipment inspections and maintenance in order to minimize down time.
- Maintains database of maintenance and repair records for company vehicles and equipment.
- Oversees shop inventory; orders parts, shop supplies, and equipment.
- Ensures all applicable safety standards and regulations are met throughout the facility including Motor Carrier Permits, DOT, CARB and ROAR.
- Responsible for setting standards and adopting regulations.
- Reviews daily shop time cards to ensure work orders are accurate and completed.
- Responsible for licensing and registrations of all vehicles under their management.
- Communicates with vendors to reduce cost in parts and maximize profits.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Extensive knowledge of vehicle, truck, and heavy equipment repair.
- Ability to read service and repair manuals.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software to maintain service record database and track inventory.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 3 years of Supervisory Maintenance Experience in transportation industry.
- Must have a valid California License with an acceptable driving record.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to work safely in a noisy area with many odors present.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Good vision to inspect repair work.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, kneel, and squat to perform inspections.