Job ID 26197
- Experience Experience in data management and reporting to help drive decisions.• Working experience motivation and leading teams in a position manner• Familiar and comfortable using Microsoft Office programs, specifically Word and Excel
- Industry Agriculture
- Qualifications A Bachelor degree with 5 plus years’ experience in Agricultural Production, with working knowledge implementing GAP, GHP, Industry food safety and sanitation standards.
Technical experience: Implement, manage and maintain a successful food and worker safety program utilizing best management practices intended to maintain a safe environment.
- Leadership: Manage and direct a team to implement a food and worker safety program that meets all regulatory requirements and company goals for safety.
- Coordination: Work with supervisors and staff to develop and implement an effective food and worker safety program, including training programs that address regulatory requirements and company standards for safety.
- Communication: Develop communication resources to keep supervisors and staff informed about food and worker safety laws, regulations and company initiatives; manage safety manuals, record keeping, data collection and reports.
- Oversee implementation of Food and Worker Safety Program and create best practices to assess performance and develop opportunities for improvement.
- Develop, review and update standard operating procedures related to food and worker safety.
- Ensure a workplace culture that understands, appreciates and implements safety practices.
- Manage, direct and supervise Gold Coast Packing, Farms and Tri Valley Harvesting workers to ensure all food safety SOP’s and GAPs are being followed.
- Collaborate with Gold Coast Packing staff with food safety program for outside contracted producers.
- Primary contact for third-parties and customers with regard to food and worker safety questions and concerns.
- Work directly with Food Safety, Worker Safety and Operations Teams of Gold Coast Packing, Gold Coast Farms and Tri Valley Harvesting.
- Track and report audit results to Operations Senior Management.
- Provide Customer and Regulatory requested Food Safety documents as approved by Senior Management.
- Coordinate communication with department managers to assure timely and accurate reporting of food safety issues and or worker safety issues.
- Implement Food Safety into company structure with education on GAP’s/SOP’s, regulatory compliance and LGMA/PSR programs for fresh cut products
Compliance & Monitoring
- Responsible for ensuring all areas of GCF, GCP and TVH comply with company (SOP), Federal and State regulatory guidelines (USDA, FDA, FSMA, LGMA, CDFA, OSHA, CCRWQCB)
- Conduct food safety audits: Third Party-Primus GSFI, Regulatory-FSMA, CA LGMA, AZ LGMA, Customer, upon request and Internal-Self Audits. Make all necessary corrective action to remain compliant.
- Oversees coordination and documentation of the food safety training programs to include: third party audits, sanitation, procedures, pest control, GAP, SOP’s and internal auditing.
- Coordination required lab sampling of water used on farm and harvesting operations, as well as any field product sampling as needed.
- Ensures the proper monitoring of all components of Food Security Systems.
- Creates effective environmental monitoring; testing and control programs for pathogenic bacteria.
- Manager reporting and communication to prepare for audits and assessments.
- Stay up to date on the latest regulatory requirements, and constantly re-assess and challenge company standards to ensure the safest food supply possible.
- Collaborate with Worker Safety Team and department managers to assess and improve job safety
- Organize training needs as it relates to worker safety, food safety, pesticide hazard, and safe operation of equipment.
- Coordinate incident investigation, injury reporting and analysis.
- Maintain updated safety manuals and training materials.
- Performs other duties appropriate to the position as requested by Management
- Must be able to work in an outdoor setting
- Travel is required to service company operations outside of Santa Maria (Imperial Valley, Yuma, Salinas and or San Joaquin Valley. As well as attending meetings and trainings when required
- Have a valid Divers License and insurable
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.