Job ID 26393
Working Title: Farm Administrator
Reporting Structure: General Manager -> Tribal Council
Approved By: Tribal SR. HR Generalist
Exemption Status: Exempt
Salary Range: $60k – $75k, DOE
The Farm Administrator will work closely with the Farm Manager and Market Manager to oversee crop cultivation, fruit and vegetable production, and seasonal forecasting on an organic farm. The administrator is in charge of administrative tasks like maintaining records, organizing and buying farm supplies, and being familiar with market prices.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture is highly preferred
- Bi-lingual (English & Spanish) is required.
Work Experience Requirements:
Three to five years’ previous hands-on farming experience, managing staff, harvesting and crop production and/or previous produce experience in a major grocery chain and/or warehouse. Working knowledge of applying health and safety standards for safe growing, harvesting, packing, and storage of all vegetables and fruits for human consumption. Microsoft application(s) experience is required. Marketing experience and budget management highly desired.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Clean Driving Record
- Ability to pass a soft criminal/background check
Position Essential Functions:
- Maintain the overall functionality of the Farm, i.e. Efficiency and Structure.
- Apply health and safety standards
- Detailed assessment of Market needs in terms of supply
- Evaluate labor needs
- Ensure farm policies and plans are implemented and farm activities comply with government regulations
- Tracking sales on a weekly basis and devising a target sales plan according to week and commodity
- Maintain/monitor the quality of crops, understand the implications of weather and make appropriate contingency plans if needed
- Day to day tracking of quantities produced and the financial burden
- Have knowledge of food safety requirements and maintaining an organic certification
- Plan finances and production to maintain sustainability, crop progress against budget, keep financial records up to date
- Promoting the farm to boost sales and sustainability
- Responsible for the upkeep of all maintenance and repair of farm buildings, machinery, and equipment
- Establish managerial structure
- Create and maintain a team culture
* This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned.
Competencies and Annual Requirements:
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Planning and organizing
- Information gathering and information monitoring
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Customer service orientation