About Jose Ayala
- Write Your Resume HereOBJECTIVE:Supervision and Management of Operations, Personnel and Industrial Equipment. SUMMARY Over 15 years of experience in being both a Skilled Heavy Equipment Mechanic, and a Supervisor of diesel mechanic personnel. Highly experienced with oversight of a fleet, with more than 2000 pieces of heavy equipment and a large number of mechanics. Familiar with a wide range of U.S. Military and Civilian Equipment, Safety procedures, Hazardous waste protocols, Computer Diagnostic Programs, Government standards and codes. Fluent in English/Spanish. Holds a Security Clearance. ∙ Prioritize Work Orders ∙ Hydraulics and Pumps ∙ Supervision of Work Areas and Personnel ∙ Electrical, Ignition & Computer Systems ∙ 5K and 10K Generators ∙ Rebuilding and Replacing Motors ∙ Auto Safety Inspection ∙ Carburetor and Fuel Injection Systems ∙ Budgeting ∙ Weekly reports and record keeping EMPLOYMENT HISTORY ∙ Leadership of Daily Meetings ∙ Transmissions and Brakes ∙ AC Systems in Military Fleet ∙ Suspension & Clutch Systems ∙ PO systems 09/2021 – Present PACIFIC COAST RECYCLING GILROY, CA. Maintenance Manager – Keeps and updates all required DOT inspection documentation. Perform required service calls, employee time management, and conduct regular safety meetings. Support mechanics with hydraulic systems, forklift, excavators, and caterpillar troubleshooting. Inventory management, repair and cost assessment. 10/2017 – 11/2020 SCHEID VINEYARDS GREENFIELD, CA. Automotive Maintenance Manager – Assigns, reviews, and evaluates the work of journey-level mechanics and related work. Coordinated maintenance of regular, and special equipment. Managed related work in the maintenance, repair, and transportation of all John Deer Tractors, Harvest Boosters, and Regular Automotive Equipment. Oversaw parts inventory, daily financial reports, and cost analysis for Shop Supervisor. Implemented preemptive maintenance plan and managed Geoforce. Conducted regular safety training and led weekly meetings. 10/2007 – 10/2017 VSE CORPORATION FORT HUNTER LIGGETT, CA. Foreman/Lead Heavy Equipment Mechanic– Supervised 36 mechanics at a US Military base, prioritizing and assigning work orders, overseeing timely service and quality production; provided technical support to mechanics in all facets of heavy equipment, from diagnostics to overhaul and replacement. Downloaded manuals and assisted in implementation of instructions. Oversight of inspections and status of all repairs in the bays. Equipment up to 40 tons. Followed US Military Equipment Standards. Led daily safety meetings and biweekly trainings in hazardous materials management for personnel. Advanced leadership from 9 to 36 mechanics. CERTIFICATIONS AND TRAINING Certificate for Automotive and Diesel Engines– Center for Employment Training – Redwood City, CA Kenworth Certificate; Airbrakes Certificate; Military Equipment Certificate; Certificate of Appreciation Team Leader for 91st Div. US Army Other Training: Snap-On Scanners Program Diagnostics, Respiratory Protection, Fire Extinguisher Safety, Ladder Safety, Preventing Employees Workplace Harassment, Housekeeping on the Job, Workplace Violence Prevention SKILLS Computer: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Snap-On Diagnostics Proficiency in Spanish and English Reading, Writing and Speaking Personnel Supervision, Problem Prevention and Solving; Inventory Control; Parts research and ordering; Diagnostic
- What would be considered your ideal job? My dream job is to work with talented people in a respectful work environment with mutual trust. I value teamwork, and I look for a job that offers a collaborative environment where I can be part of a team, help my teammates, learn from them, and where we can hold each other accountable.
- What is your current job title? Fleet Manager
- What is the Highest education level obtained? High School or Equivalent
- Field of Study or Degree obtained? Automotive mechanic and diesel