Job ID 14792
The Truck Mechanic II is responsible for maintaining and repairing farm machinery, includes but not limited to, trailers, low boys, and pumps.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists cleaning, servicing, diagnosing large equipment such as, carton trailers, fertilizer trailers, shade trailer, sanitary unites, low boys, tillage equipment, pumps, and other equipment as needed
- Establish and maintain an organized clean work area.
- Diagnose systems for cause of failure or potential failure. Disassembles components and inspect parts. Reassembles components and tests machine operation. Clean, service and lubricate machinery; adjusts systems and controls without assistance.
- Inspect parts and determine when parts are to be replaced or reused.
- Perform minimal configuration of hydraulic and electrical systems where new systems or modifications to existing systems are required.
- Review all repair work orders for accuracy and completeness concerning parts, materials, and labor for approval of equipment to return to service.
- Regularly communicate with peers and supervisors regarding the status of projects and work activities
- Complete and track work order number by writing a concise description of machine preairs and task codes and project hours. Note incomplete repairs or any other relevant observations.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Prior Agriculture experience is preferred.
- Possess and maintain a valid California Driver’s License.
- This position requires that the individual work Monday through Friday, and every other Saturday. Sunday and holiday work may be required.
- Travel may be required to our remote facilities and surrounding areas.
- Bilingual/biliterate in English and Spanish is preferred. Ability to speak, read and write in Spanish and English without assistance is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong communication skills.
- Have the willingness and ability to follow safety guidelines and work safely around and with equipment and other personnel.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet various deadlines.
- Must be extremely well organized and able to multitask.
Pay Rate: $21.00 – $28.00