Job ID 17303
About Berry People:
Berry People is a year-round, full-line shipper of organic and conventional berries, and owner of the Berry People® brand. Headquartered in Hollister, California, the company’s ownership and key alliance partners hold important production assets in California, Mexico, Chile, and Peru. Berry People operates with a strong company ethos along its entire supply chain that emphasizes complementarity, stewardship, and empathy.
The Sales-Supply Coordinator will assist the Berry People team with entering all inbound/outbound inventory into the ERP system as well as daily tasks in a timely and accurate manner through administrative, analytical, and operational support.
- Communicate with growers in relation to incoming, consignments and/or forecasts.
- Generate purchase and sales orders into ERP system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Verify compliance for incoming fruit.
- Enter grower estimates into ERP system.
- Confirm inventory matrix and adjust when needed.
- Send purchase orders to growers.
- Work proactively with 3PLS and coolers to ensure accurate and timely flow of information on inventory for both inbound and outbound
- Balance daily inventory in conjunction with operations and coordinators.
- Notify the business of any changes that may be required for sales for outbound orders, i.e., prorates, shorts, discrepancies.
- Prepare export documentation.
- Include appropriate inspection teams on Inbounds notifications.
- Assist with Transfer logistics as required by Sales.
- Ensure 3PL is notified of any inbound expected stock.
- Book inbound and outbound freight and provide ETA’s.
- Allocating orders based on specific criteria.
- Passings, COS, Export Docs to customers.
- Work with compliance of any immediate inbound issues, i.e., damaged goods, hot temp/frozen arrivals.
- Duties as applied.
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong relationship management skills internally and externally.
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Able to demonstrate the highest level of professional and personal integrity.
- Change oriented with a flexible approach.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels with internal/external clients and team members.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Positive, pro-active attitude and enthusiasm.
- Willingness and ability to learn.
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Personable, reliable, & trustworthy
Experience & Education:
- Wholesale, Manufacturing, and Food/Beverage Distribution Experience is Preferred
- Accounting & Administration Experience, 2+ years
- Sales Supply Coordination Experience 3+ years
- Reports to Supply Supervisor
- Reports into the operations team
- Wider Commercial Team
- Finance & Administration Team
- Sales and commodity managers
- Growers/Third Party Logistics Providers
Salary: Range $26 – 35 an hour
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Hollister, CA
Benefits: We provide a very competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision Package
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org; mckenzie.downs@berrypeople or call +1.831.245.3500, Attention: McKenzie Downs