Job ID 13708
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for managing the Quality Assurance activities in all Ocean Mist Farms locations. Primary duties include, but not limited to; upholding Ocean Mist Farms product standards, overseeing all inspections, maintaining accurate reporting and monitoring outside services. This role will work under general supervision; supervise others, including and up to, providing employee feedback, disciplinary communication, performance reviews and training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Oversee and Control all In-House Inspections and Reporting
- Oversee team members daily activities; such as, product quality inspections including field pack, value added and transfers from other locations for California, Arizona and Mexico.
- Maintain quality standards in our production and cooling processes, including all pack styles.
- Develop quality standards for new products.
- Daily inspections for each commodity and lot.
- Daily reporting within the company regarding pack, appearance, color and condition.
- Hire and evaluate internal QA team.
- Train, mentor and develop QA team.
- Advocate quality from field – cooling – shipping.
- Monitor and interface with outside inspectors and published reporting services.
- In collaboration with the food safety department, uphold and apply food safety standards at all times.
- Administer and drive the quality incentive program.
- Work with the Product Development Manager as requested to create new products.
- Work with the marketing department to give tours and prepare customer product presentation set up.
- Set up training and educate field crews, supervisors, and other personnel on proper handling of our products with quality and food safety in mind.
- Organize public demonstrations of our products such as fair exhibits and trade shows.
- Prepare annual departmental budget.
- Respond to and provide rejection reporting from the sales department.
- Ensure fulfillment of product for the sales department.
- Maintain and update product records as required.
- Document and update the Quality Assurance manual with changes, updates, and new products specifications.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- BA/BS in management, food science, quality assurance or related field is preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in a quality assurance operation. Experience in the agricultural industry is a must and direct experience in the fresh produce sector is highly desirable.
- 3-5 years staff management experience is required.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Advanced working knowledge of Famous, Excel and Word.
- Ability to operate a company vehicle; must maintain a valid class C California driver’s license, and be insurable is required.
- Ability to carry out defined procedures with specific instructions; ability to manage a project from its initiation to completion with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills including; ability to maintain effective working relationships with Employees, Peers, Supervisors, Vendors and Customers.
- Travel to growing locations as required on a need-to-need basis
Salary Range: $70,000 – $95,000
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME:
Other jobs you may like
Nursery Grower Supervisor – Corralitos, CA Featured
- @ Driscoll’s
- Corralitos, California