Job ID 26476
Department/Site: Maintenance, Repair and Facilities Supervisor
Reports to: Manager
Employment Category: Regular, Full Time Exempt
Hourly Rate: DOE
Customary Work Schedule: As required to perform duties
The Maintenance, Repair and Shop Supervisor will assist the Shop Manager in running our agricultural equipment repair and fabrication shop. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in overseeing the maintenance, repair, and modification of a variety of agricultural machinery, including harvesting equipment, custom-built machinery, and company vehicles. As a supervisor, you will assist in leading a team of mechanics, ensuring the efficient operation of the shop and the delivery of high-quality services.
- Assist the Shop Manager in day-to-day operations, including scheduling, resource allocation, and workflow management.
- Supervise a team of mechanics, providing guidance, mentorship, and technical support to ensure optimal performance and productivity.
- Perform inspections, diagnostics, repairs, and adjustments on a diverse range of agricultural equipment systems, such as fuel injection systems, brake systems, electrical systems, hydraulic systems, transmissions, steering and suspension components, clutches, differentials, carburetors, generators, distributors, and pumps.
- Lead and participate in fabrication and modification projects to develop custom equipment tailored to company’s specific needs and requirements.
- Oversee routine maintenance tasks, including oil changes, preventive maintenance, and equipment servicing on company vehicles and machinery.
- Ensure adherence to safety protocols and industry standards, promoting a culture of safety consciousness among team members.
- Maintain accurate records of maintenance and repair work, including parts used, labor hours, and work performed.
- Collaborate with the procurement team to manage inventory levels of parts and supplies required for repairs and fabrication projects.
- Provide technical expertise and support in troubleshooting complex mechanical issues and devising effective solutions.
- Stay updated with industry trends, emerging technologies, and advancements in agricultural equipment, mechanics, and fabrication techniques.
- High school diploma or equivalent; relevant technical degree or certification is preferred.
- Proven experience as an agricultural mechanic, with a minimum of 5 years in equipment repair, maintenance, and fabrication.
- Strong knowledge of a wide range of agricultural machinery systems and components.
- Proficiency in diagnosing and repairing fuel injection systems, brake systems, electrical systems, hydraulic systems, transmissions, steering and suspension components, clutches, differentials, carburetors, generators, distributors, and pumps.
- Prior experience in a supervisory or leadership role is a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to think critically under pressure.
- Solid organizational and time management abilities.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish and English) preferred.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and procedures related to equipment repair and fabrication.
- Proficiency in using diagnostic tools, software, and other equipment relevant to the role.
- Physical fitness and the ability to perform manual tasks, including lifting and carrying heavy objects.